Account Backups

Hi,

This may have been me being totally oblivious, but only just yesterday saw the option, "account backup" in a clients control panel. "what on earth was that?" I said.
I had never seen that option before, so went into the plan details and saw that it was an option turned off or on.
However, dont remember seeing it before, and cant find anything about it over at psoft.

Any info to help my confused self would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Hi,

but only just yesterday saw the option, "account backup" in a clients control panel. "what on earth was that?" I said.
I had never seen that option before, so went into the plan details and saw that it was an option turned off or on.
However, dont remember seeing it before, and cant find anything about it over at psoft.

Same here.

It's exactly what it says. It allows you to backup that CP account. It zips up all files for the web hosting side and allows you to download it. Give it a try.

-Ben

It's exactly what it says. It allows you to backup that CP account. It zips up all files for the web hosting side and allows you to download it. Give it a try.

-Ben

lol, Thanks, I can kinda see that. But was wondering when and how it got there. Why didnt some1 tell us when it was enabled? and why is there no mention of it anywhere?

Cheers

It's certainly been there for a while. I've been using it regularly to back up some of my customers' sites. However you need to have sufficient space available to hold the archive file. It seems to fail at around 70% full :(

Oops. I've been using the archive feature in the file manager, not what bored_admin found. I too, have just noticed the Account Backups option in the Plan Edit Wizard. It's not enabled in any of my plans. Problem is trying to complete the wizard. It nearly always hangs part way through. Sometimes it can take days of attempts before I can successfully complete the wizard X(

lol, Thanks, I can kinda see that. But was wondering when and how it got there. Why didnt some1 tell us when it was enabled? and why is there no mention of it anywhere?

Cheers
It's been there since I signed up about 6 months ago. Was actually one of the varied reasons that I did sign up (easy off-site backups to spamaalalal the on-site backups JodoHost does).

I noticed a while back, too, though I don't recall when. This backup option uses disk and transfer quota. You might be better off writing a script to compress your files and database then download the smaller archive file. (Check my sig for a php version.)

Tim

Back