Additional Charges for Resellers

ZtaCari

Perch
Hi!

I am looking into changing to your for my reseller hosting. My current host charges me for each domain and user above my 5 allotted and also charges me for the users email space allocated, not used. I then get charged for all used space on each account. After all these charges, it isn't cost effective for me to be a reseller with them. ?(
Does your company charge for anything like that on top of the monthly fee?

If I change my clients over to your service, what kind of service interuption can I expect? Will they lose any of their email messages? Is it possible to do it seemlessly? Would I need to get their passwords to reset up their accounts?

They are currently using H-sphere control panels.

I am sorry for so many questions, but I want to be sure of what I will be getting into if I change servers. I appreciate any response. :]

We have a very simple payment module. Domains are free and you get one big quota of disk space. Database, web and mailbox space for your customers come from this disk space. but this disk space is based on average usage and not allocation.

The only additional cost over the monthly price is for user accounts. 15 user accounts are free at the basic level, additional are at $0.50/month. Each user account can be treated as a control panel for your customer.

And of course, if you use more disk space, IPs or bandwidth allocated to you, you get charged

Ok. I am Sold!

But what about...

If I change my clients over to your service, what kind of service interuption can I expect? Will they lose any of their email messages? Is it possible to do it seemlessly? Would I need to get their passwords to reset up their accounts?

Thanks for the speedy response. :D

hmmm...
If you know their passwords and can transfer their files and setup their email accounts, it can be achieved seemlessly. You'll have to then simply ask them to change their name servers

But during the propogating period, email for your customers may be received either at our servers or the old servers

During that time, i like to configure my email accounts on the old server to automatically forward to another email account (such as an AOL or hotmail account). That way you should not lose any email at all.

I would recommend you have all of your clients aware of the switch and have them update their name servers 24 hours in advance. this way the downtime durring propogation is limited or eliminated. as far as uploading their files. make sure to email all your customers and let them know that if they do not upload and backup their files. data will be lost. It is also a good idea to request that all clients reply to your message so you know they received it and are aware. some may be on vacation and come home to realize that their site has been down and nothing they could do about it. If you can access your client's files. make your own backups and upload to the new server for them. :D unless you have hundreds. lol. Thats my advice. hope that helps.

Back