Admin logon for Zen cart - problems

ssilcox

Guppy
So I have exhausted the zen support. I cannot search the forum here, as the search page just keeps looping, and never comes up with results - so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I just installed Zen cart, and it installed just fine. However, when I attempt to login to my admin page - www.mysite.com/admin - it pops up an IIS logon (rather than the zen logon page). And my zen logon doesnt work with the popup. After three tries, it errors out with a 401.2 error.

Any ideas? It is with the laseretchcetera.com domain.

Thanks!

Did you password protect it with .htaccess or is there a .htaccess or .htpasswd file in the FTP structure(you may need to show idden files in your client to see them)
If there is such a file the IIS password protection addon may be picking it up and prompting like this.

Same problem. There was a .htaccess file in that directory - I deleted it. Tried again, same issue. I actually removed the entire install and database, deleted the .htaccess file from the install, and re-installed it. Same issue. Darn IIS authentication popup.

Interesting :) that is one nice thing about hsphere you can run windows or linux.

Back