Affiliate manager - Confused

hi,

I saw an option for an affiliate manager in h-sphere; how exactly is this supposed to work? I found no documentation on it at all.

Brandon

think there are no docs becasue it is so bad psof tis ashamed to even offer it!

Dev Gateway said:
Lol, it must be, I can't figure out for the life of me how to work it.

Oh well.

We use it and it works.

We are registered with a affiliate company who supply you with a link to add to the final part of the sales process. You enter this link into the affiliate manager within hsphere.

When a user signs up this link is opened at the end of the transaction and registers it with the affiliate company.

Dev Gateway said:
What is the purpose of this though? May I ask what sort of company it is? I can't think of a use for that...

Do you mean what is the purpose of affiliates?

Affiliates sell your products on your behalf. Advertising your products on their websites by means of banners or other adverts. If a user visiting thier site links off to your site by the affiliate link and then buy the product you pay them a commision.

If you google 'Affiliate program' then there are a few sponsered links to the big ones. Or you can run your own affiliate program - but getting the word out there about it is not easy.

Greggers, may I ask how your customers pay for your services?

I'm asking because I did hear that the affiliate manager only calles the actual link if payments were made by credit card. All other payment methods will ignore this and therefore no commission would be given to the potential affiliate.

The link is called even for trial accounts when there is no CC processing occuring - it's is called at the very last step of the signup process.

Within our Affiliate Manager we are able to verify sales, therefore trial accounts do get logged, but we wouldn't pay commission until that account has converted to a paid account. There is a lot of trust involved - but that appears to be the norm with Affiliates.

The Affiliate company also test the process before they activated our account, running through a signup to ensure that the correct values were coming back, so I guess they're happy.

PayPal in answer to your other question.

Thanks
Greg

Back