AJAX/Web 2.0 Hsphere CP Login Script

jonyah

Perch
I know many woud like to repace the login page for the control panel with a custom form on their own site. The only problem with that is if the user enters anyting incorrecty, they are sent to the hsphere page.

I spent a few hours today writing a script using the ajax methodolody and though others would like to see what I've done and possibly use it. I'm not exacty using XML (i use my own format), but I did this in a way to get around Mozilla's block on cross-domain scripting.

I'll post all the code later if anyone wants it. I'm headed out on the town in a few minutes but wanted to post what I've done. The look and feel mimics the default look of hsphere. There is a display issue with IE right now when using the dropdown "forgot password" feature, but all the functionaity does work (I hate IE and only use FireFox). The cool thing is that the actual error (if login doesn't work) is displayed without a page turn.

Anyway, you can view the script and play with it at http://www.jonyah.com

I'll have the IE issues fixed probably tomorrow if I get time to work on it. I did use a js library from aculo.us for the shaking, drowndown and blinking (all of which can be disabled).

Anway, enjoy.

i use the Hsphere control panel but am also working on a control panel that works along side Hsphere with the XML API

i have a compete system running including a forum, mass mail manager, ip justification, archive manager, and am working on a 'Compact H-sphere'

all this is under one login access all areas

next thing im working on is the custom sign up system but am getting errors.

are you fumiliar with xml and soap?

could do with a hand on this situation :(

yes i am famiiar with those. I didn't reaize hsphere had an API exposed we could work with. Looks I may have to find more time to look into that. Feel free to PM me to look into helping out with what you currently have.

I'm not exactly using this reseller account for selling hosting but for my clients that I develop for that don't already have hosting (as well as my own dozen or so sites). So having something like this isn't that important for me, but I always enjoy something new to develop against.

it will log out to the hsphere site unfortunately. i'm working on a version of this to use for the mail login now.

Thanks alot. If i convert teh asp pages to php will everythign still work properly? Also you said you were working on a versson for the mail login. did you ever happen to get taht done

Thanks

never got around to working on the mail login script. yes you can convert to php easily and everything will work fine.

Thanks man. I got it working with php just took me some to look over the code. It was my first time working wiht ajax.

Thanks

Back