All comments welcome!

613flavah said:
Hey guys,

I designed my bf's e-comm site and I was looking for any kind of feedback. Whether it be good or bad on any level(design,programming, business)

Thanks!

http://www.hammockuniverse.com

I'll try to be gentile so as not to scare you away :D

First thing that strikes me is the fact that you've got a lot of white space at the top of your site. Granted your country switch and cart link are there but they're a small thing compared to the blank space there. I would suggest moving those two things down below your header and moving the header up and kill some of that white space. Also, link your logo back to the main page, that's a standard.

Second is the inconsistency of the mouseover menu on the left-hand side. On the main page the "Best sellers" does not mouse over and is beige, but when I select one of the other pages it does mouseover and the selected item stays "lit" the whole time.

I personally don't think that you should include the content for the "Best Sellers" page on the main page. There is enough content on the front page but you need to "entice" customers to visit your catalog, not force them.

Along the same lines, what's with the bad watermark on the images? The text should be a lot lighter than it is.

In the catalog code, why is there a "^Back to Top^" before there is any content?

I think that's it for this round ;) Good start!

Thank you so much Hatton for your comments. I have saved them and will further discuss the feedback with my boyfriend.

thanks again!
:p

Back