allowed rcpthosts error

what's this problem related to and what's the ticket ID? I'll check this out right away

We are installing squirrelmail. It has an interface similar to hotmail

I had a chat with our unix administrator
He said that outgoing mail is working fine from outlook but their is an issue with it from the webmail interface. the webmail program is on a different server and qmail just isn't allowing the webmail program to relay from that server

Yash said:
I had a chat with our unix administrator
He said that outgoing mail is working fine from outlook but their is an issue with it from the webmail interface. the webmail program is on a different server and qmail just isn't allowing the webmail program to relay from that server

I just tried using Horde to send an email and I got that error as well...

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

It's a yahoo account that I tried to send to.

Is there an update on this issue? I am confused as to whether this has been abandoned or not.

Yes, there is an issue with horde and its due to a problem with thw qmail configuration files. It doesn't affect email clients

We haven't abandoned this issue, its going to be investigated again in 8 hours from now by our unix administrators

Yash said:
Yes, there is an issue with horde and its due to a problem with thw qmail configuration files. It doesn't affect email clients

We haven't abandoned this issue, its going to be investigated again in 8 hours from now by our unix administrators

Yes you are right, it doesn't affect email clients (thank God) but since one of my clients uses webmail exclusively this is a problem as well as if I am on vacation etc and need remote access..I guess I am happy that sqweb (or whatever it is called) at least works in the meantime.

Yash said:
Anything???? The last update I received from my ticket was early on 2/19. :(

Yash said:
You need to use sqwebmail, that will work

we just installed squirellmail, try that:
http://web.jodoshared.com/webmail
Hi Yash,

Yes, I know sq works (and outlook for that matter), but I've been trying to find out if we should just give up on using Horde and accept that we'll have to use what I consider an inferior product.

It looks like you may have the same issue with SquirrelMail as you do with Horde. I recieve this error when sending a message:
Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed
Server replied: 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)

hi! i don't want to jump on the bandwagon with a "me, too" but i guess i have to... i'm also getting an error when trying to send from horde.

"There was an error sending your message: unable to add recipient [[email protected]]: 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1)"

i understand from the previous post that the same error comes up when using squirellmail. any resolution yet? i have someone who urgently needs to get some emails out.

thanks in advance. :)

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
I see this problem has been solved here? how was it done please?

Please enable SMTP authentication

For Mail Box properties in Outlook Express, select "My outgoing server requires authentication"

Back