Another MAKhost issue. lol

Hey guys,

I use Macromedia DW's built in f t p utility. I have an extension that sets file permissions and it is not working on a site hosted here. Any suggestions on how I can set permissions on this server to a file?

here is the error:

500 'SITE chmod 775 /makhost/directrsvp.com/guestbook/badWords.php': command not understood

this is the method i know. what am i doing wrong? The extension for dreamweaver says that this may not work on certain servers. It did on my last host with unix, but now i am on your servers with windows, so who knows...

any thoughts?

Yash said:
chmod is not supported on Windows. Only supported on linux

hmm. then how do i run my guestbook? It asks me to set permissions. If i dont it doesnt work. does this mean that I cannot use this particular guest book?

We'll give you whatever permissions you need manually on the server. By default you have read/write permissions

If you really want to chmod, create a linux account

Yash said:
We'll give you whatever permissions you need manually on the server. By default you have read/write permissions

If you really want to chmod, create a linux account

I cannot create a linux accout for this domain as it is under makhosting as an added domain. I would rather have it that way...

Can you set all php files in the guestbook folder of directrsvp.com to 775 for me?

I believe 775 corresponds to read/write/execute

All directories in Windows have those permissions by default

On a sidenote, Webshell4 should enable people to set these permissions themselves, right?
My previous webhost had a fairly primitive interface, but it's one thing it allowed. I'm looking forward to seeing it in H-Sphere :)

Yash,

Well, this one was my errogance. I had php turned off in the cpanel and thought it was not working because permissions werent set, but after you said they are by default, I had to look further and noticed that php for that account was not on. I thought by default php was activated. guess that's what i get for thinking. lol. well sorry bout that and I appreciate your time. Your support is outstanding. Can't say it better!

MAKhosting said:
I thought by default php was activated. guess that's what i get for thinking. lol. well sorry bout that and I appreciate your time. Your support is outstanding. Can't say it better!

pwned :x

Whether or not PHP is enabled by default depends on the settings in the plan you created for your service domain.

Back