Any idea when Horde will be available??

yorri

Perch
We've been told August, then September...well it's October tommorrow hehe

Just wondering, does adding extra features require Psoft to add them to Hsphere? I've searched on their site for future additions but didn't see anything. I would love to know what is going on it the development.

We are working really hard here to have those server changes I was talking about done with no downtime at all. We are shifting customer accounts around. This isn't a small task and it is taking longer than we expected. As soon as that is done, the first thing we will do is install Horde. It could take upto another 2 or 3 weeks.

As far as PSOFT goes, I can't comment on them. I do however believe that in their next major release (2.4) some of the requested features will be included. And we are considering having our own software developed to provide some of these features if PSOFT fails to add them directly to HSphere

Yash said:
We are working really hard here to have those server changes I was talking about done with no downtime at all. We are shifting customer accounts around. This isn't a small task and it is taking longer than we expected. As soon as that is done, the first thing we will do is install Horde. It could take upto another 2 or 3 weeks.

As far as PSOFT goes, I can't comment on them. I do however believe that in their next major release (2.4) some of the requested features will be included. And we are considering having our own software developed to provide some of these features if PSOFT fails to add them directly to HSphere

Thanks Yash,

Sounds great. I appreciate the extra effort to keep the services running the way they are. I would rather have the systems running than those extra features if I had to choose between that and downtime.

I definitely can understand that things take longer than expected. It is the computer world after all ;)

Yes, infact I do.
Horde should be available by the end of this month (oct 30th I'd say).

We have decided against the software we were talking about. The prime reason is due to stability issues. We are afraid that such software could cause problems with IIS or other services running. It could cause them to crash or corrupt. This may not seem realistic to you but you have to consider that these are production servers handling thousands of requests each minute.

I don't know if you realise this or not, but we have always taken security and stability as the most important issues of our hosting business. We have always been super cautious with whatever we do on our windows servers and will continue to do so.

Not to disappoint though, these features are high on PSOFT's to-do list. We're hoping to see at least some in version 2.4

Yash said:
Yes, infact I do.
Horde should be available by the end of this month (oct 30th I'd say).

We have decided against the software we were talking about. The prime reason is due to stability issues. We are afraid that such software could cause problems with IIS or other services running. It could cause them to crash or corrupt. This may not seem realistic to you but you have to consider that these are production servers handling thousands of requests each minute.

I don't know if you realise this or not, but we have always taken security and stability as the most important issues of our hosting business. We have always been super cautious with whatever we do on our windows servers and will continue to do so.

Not to disappoint though, these features are high on PSOFT's to-do list. We're hoping to see at least some in version 2.4

Well I can live without extra ftp accounts...it's not completely necessary. I have also found that I can create an IIS application using visual studio through frontpage extensions. It is an annoying process but it is possible. This means that I can at least wait until Hsphere upgrades their software.

I am usually less patient when something is completely impossible for me to do...like the ftp accounts but I also take the necessity into consideration. I have used extra ftp accounts before in the past with other webhosts to make things easier to work with clients but it's not something I need everyday. I still don't want to give clients access to my only ftp account but luckily I haven been able to make other arrangements.

I just hope ftp accounts are going to be included with version 2.4 as that is a feature I haven't been able to get around. The asp.net application is something I have been able to get around, although frustrating, it is possible so as I said...I am patient.

Looking forward to all improvements to the level of automation I have enjoyed elsewhere but as Yash said...security and reliability are more important. That is something other hosts haven't been able to give me. I don't care how automated something is...if it isn't reliable...what good is it??

Back