asp forums

carut

Guppy
i have these ASP forums that i need accessable. But when i upload it to my FTP, it just gives me code and not the page! I am a total newbie at this, can someone please tell me how to upload these ASP forums so other people cna access them!

Not really. ASP is enabled on default. You only need to manually activate ASP.NET

Make sure you upload your ASP pages in the domain directory and view them via HTTP and not FTP

carut said:
i have these ASP forums that i need accessable. But when i upload it to my FTP, it just gives me code and not the page! I am a total newbie at this, can someone please tell me how to upload these ASP forums so other people cna access them!
What forums are you using?

Also, don't forget to set your Directory Index to allow it to find default.asp (or whatever your forum software uses as its initial ASP page) when visitors come to your site.

brawney said:
What forums are you using?

Also, don't forget to set your Directory Index to allow it to find default.asp (or whatever your forum software uses as its initial ASP page) when visitors come to your site.

I am using Web Wiz forums and i dont get what i do next. I have activated ASP, but what do i do next?

You need to tell the web server that when someone goes to your site with a URL like www.mysite.com that it needs to load a web page as the default. This is called setting the Directory Indexes.

1) Login to your CP
2) Click on Web Options
3) Select your domain
4) Turn on Directory Indexes
5) Enter "default.asp" **
6) Press "Submit"

I'm not familiar with Web Wiz so I don't know if that app uses default.asp as it's default page but this is very popular for asp pages. Most apps use either

index.htm
index.html
default.htm
default.html
default.asp
default.aspx

or some variation of index or default with .php on the end.

Check the web wiz app to see what the name of the default page is.

carut, my guess is that you have not identified the database path.
What version of wwf are you using?
Are you using an access database or mssql?

Back