ASP.NET 2.0 Membership Tables

VividWeb

Perch
I'm trying to test out ASP.NET 2.0 on one of my domains, but can seem to get the database to connect. The site I'm using is based on the personal website starterkit from ASP.net.

When I set up the site on my home server I had to register the SQL2000 database with ASP.NET before I could get it to work, does the same thing need to be done with Jodo?

Does anyone else have ASP.NET 2.0 site using the ASP.NET membership API?

Thanks

have you requested that your site be upgraded to .net 2 as it isnt done automatically, and i dont think its availible on all servers

Yep I requested it be set up as ASP.NET 2.0 but it still doesn't work. I'm not sure what they actually do when they setup a domain for 2.0, I know they didn't register the database with IIS because I was never asked what database the site was going to be using.

Here is a link to the site http://personal.vividwebsolutions.net/default.aspx the error I get is it cannot find the stored procedure, but the only way I can load the stored procedure is to put it in as sqllogin.asnet_spname.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Stephen.

Are you aware of any other issues with putting a site up that uses the new ASP.NET membership API?

On my local system I can run the ASP.NET configuration utility that allows you to add roles and users, can that be done on the Jodo system as well?

No there is no need to run the utility, it doesn't even work the way hsphere does things.

The utility configures the application to use ASP.NET's roles and security settings. Do I just run the utility on my local machine and update the tables to make the changes?

It wont run on the server side and do anything valid, basically just veify the table owner, Store Procedure owner, etc, then request us give you DBO permissions.

I am using a site right now that said you need to run this tool, on our win2 server, I did not have to do anything but give myself DB_Owner permissions on MSSQL for it to work 100%

Back