ASP.NET 2.0 site

SubSpace

Bass
Usually I do all my ASP.NET 2.0 staging on work servers, but I would like to set up a ASP.NET 2.0 site on a subdomain for private use.

Now, my own websites with several subdomains are all on Win5, which I'm guessing does not have ASP.NET 2.0 support.
I assume I need to create a new account if I want to have a certain subdomain on a different server? If I create a new Windows hosting account, will it always be put on a ASP.NET 2.0 capable server?

I changed my mind :) I'd like to move an existing site to a server that supports ASP.NET 2.0..
If I disable "Web Service" on the relevant account (supposedly deleting all hosting related data) and then reenable it, would it also be on a different server?

Deleting the account altogether would also remove the mail configuration, which I want to avoid. If I temporarely move DNS to a server of my own I could set the TTL to 5 minutes and my site would only have to be down for about 10 minutes or so.. not that that really matters, but I like to minimize downtime as as a matter of principle.

If I disable "Web Service" on the relevant account (supposedly deleting all hosting related data) and then reenable it, would it also be on a different server?

This will just re-add your domain in IIS one the same webserver.

Not sure your timeframe for needing this, but in the coming 3 months I plan to move Win5 to a Windows 2003 R2 server and away from the aging windows 2000 and IIS5

Hmm, I was hoping to have it ready sooner than that, but if I need something before then I think I'll just make a temporary account :)

Back