ASP.NET and Custom Errors

StPatrick

Perch
Hmm, I have a strange dilemma here. Some error occured in my ASP.NET application, but the page says I cannot see the error, because I have custom errors enabled. I went and added
Code:
<customErrors mode="Off" />
tag into Web.Config file, but it didn't help. I looked in the control panel, but saw no custom pages defined. So I just have no idea how to make it work ?(

Anyone can help with this one?

I think what happens is when you have multiple errors, you can't see any of them. If there is only one error, you are able to. I suggest you try getting your ASP.NET script debugged instead

Sure I turned .NET on :)

And yes the script is debugged and tested before uploading, so it works on my computer but not here. Sure it is a difference in some settings maybe, but I cannot find out what without seeing the error

Yep, thanks :) After some "playing" I have found the "criminal" that causes the error. I had a configuration code in Web.Config, that requires Mobile Toolkit. Since I do have it, but it is sure not installed here, I got an error.
Anyway, I do not need mobile support , so just removed it :).

Hello StPatrick,

Can you tell me what was the configuration code in the web.config which need Mobile Toolkit?

Becouse I have the same problem.

Thanks a lot.

StPatrick said:
Yep, thanks :) After some "playing" I have found the "criminal" that causes the error. I had a configuration code in Web.Config, that requires Mobile Toolkit. Since I do have it, but it is sure not installed here, I got an error.
Anyway, I do not need mobile support , so just removed it :).

pabitm said:
Can you tell me what was the configuration code in the web.config which need Mobile Toolkit? Becouse I have the same problem.
Sure.. I've downloaded the IBuySpy Portal (probably you have the same one), the Web.config file contains 2 not required sections:
mobileControls and deviceFilters
You can find them at the end of the file (if we are talking about IBuySpy)

Back