ASP.NET DB connector slow

I sent in a ticket for this, EHJ-36678-585, but I was hoping someone here might be able to help as well:

One of my customers is developing an ASP.NET application, but she states that the DB connector to the MySQL server is extremely slow.. Is there anything she can do to correct this??

Thanks,
-Ben

I will send the links and info once I have it in the support ticket. Was just trying to see if anyone else has customers using ASP.NET MySQL connectors, and if they were having any issues with speed..

Thanks Stephen
Are you saying you cant get to my site?
Its accessible to me but Im in Australia

That comes up fine. Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 or 3.5? Here's the latest: The developer was using VS2008 for ASP.NET 3.5 and MySQL ASP.NET connector 5.0.9 (I think).. It was running very slow according to her. She reverted back to using VS2005 for ASP.NET 2.0 and now it's running fast as expected. I am curious what version of the MySQL connector is installed on the server (which the info for the site is in the ticket I opened), and if there is some sort of compatibility issue with VS2008 and ASP.NET 3.5 on these servers? I'm just at a loss on how to properly troubleshoot this with the developer..

That comes up fine. Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 or 3.5? Here's the latest: The developer was using VS2008 for ASP.NET 3.5 and MySQL ASP.NET connector 5.0.9 (I think).. It was running very slow according to her. She reverted back to using VS2005 for ASP.NET 2.0 and now it's running fast as expected. I am curious what version of the MySQL connector is installed on the server (which the info for the site is in the ticket I opened), and if there is some sort of compatibility issue with VS2008 and ASP.NET 3.5 on these servers? I'm just at a loss on how to properly troubleshoot this with the developer..

Have not heard of this, the MySQL driver IS a bit older in order to provide backwards compatibility to the 4.x servers.

Aren't we able to install both connector drivers? Or are they the same file? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the slowness with her?

Aren't we able to install both connector drivers? Or are they the same file? Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot the slowness with her?

could simply compile and put the other db connector in the /bin on the site locally but make sure it is the connector that works with medium trust partially trusted callers(may need a custom compile)

Since they are both the same name they won't load side by side :(

Sorry I didnt reply to the thread sooner , have been away. It looks as if you already know what follows but here goes.
asp.net 3.5 is installed on the server,those pages targetted the .net 2 framework
The driver version is mySql.Data Version=5.1.5.0 which your developer should be able to get from the mysql site and integrate into the Visual Studio installation. You can then use it like any other data provider eg System.Data.SqlClient

I uploaded the MySql.Data dll into the site bin directory then included a reference to it via the assemblies node of my web config. I dont think anything needs to be installed onto the server as I made no other changes to the server configuration other than what I've already mentioned.

Data is returned via stored procedures and pages are cached hope that helps a bit more

Back