asp.net Out of memory approaching

Hi,

I had a script which was running ok so far. Today, I started getting out of memory errors with it. I had to reduce the page result set to 25 (from 200) to make it work. Does it mean that the asp.net is gradually approaching the limit? Or have you changed something.

Thanks.

Yash,

I did that (#52861) and got a reply that everything seems to be ok with my site. Do I need to change back my script so that your people can confirm? Don't you have other ways to check whether a recycling needs to be done? Thanks.

Actually Sanjay, what I meant that ASP.NET could have needed recycling.

We determine that based on memory usage. ASP.NEt usage on your server was fine.

The issue could be with your code as well (memory leak or similar). Stephen would investigate this shortly and will let you know

Sometime back I read that ASP.NET could throw errors when dealing with large objects and a fix was in 2.0. So you may want to keep the size small as you have

Yes, in particular, one can crash asp.net with just a few lines of code using a lot of memory. For the mostpart we have this under controls with the machine.config and some other settings. It varies by server, butif you see issues please ticket them.

Back