ASP.NET State Server?

Does Jodohost support the session stateserver?
If so how do you configure an app to use it? We are currently using the default "InProc" but sessions are timing out unexpectedly and we need to resolve this somehow.

The session stateserver is supported. ASP.NET sessions should be quite reliable with the state server.
I am not exactly sure how you use it, there are many .net developers on this forum and I'll let them inform you

Can you tell me what server you are on?

from the same article:

In-process Mode
In-process mode simply means using ASP.NET session state in a similar manner to classic ASP session state. That is, session state is managed in process and if the process is re-cycled, state is lost. Given the new settings that ASP.NET provides, you might wonder why you would ever use this mode. The reasoning is quite simple: performance. The performance of session state, e.g. the time it takes to read from and write to the session state dictionary, will be much faster when the memory read to and from is in process, as cross-process calls add overhead when data is marshaled back and forth or possibly read from SQL Server.

I guess I need to know how to make use of this with Jodohost for our app. Do you just use the default settings?

mode="StateServer"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
cookieless="false"
timeout="20"

Great thatnks. I made the change and we will see how it goes. Hopefully it will solve the timeout issues with our session variable.

Back