ASPEMAIL from Persits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan said:
Semantics, I know, but... They may be better solutions, but they are not fixes to the problem, only work arounds. Check your ITIL definitions.

wow, i can't believe Yash is actually engaging in this with you. He specified a solution and that should be the end of it.

In an earlier thread you asked Yash - "how does it feel to know less than your customers" (Disaster Recovery).

That is considered being rude in my books and then you come here with your complaints and look for decent answers from Yash.

They do a fine job in running JodoHost and I don't think you should be asking them to look up definitions!

Ron said:
"how does it feel to know less than your customers" (Disaster Recovery).

I tend to ignore such comments. People think managing production windows servers with 1000 sites on each is easy as managing small corporate servers or small server farms. People think recovering a huge production server is very easy (one that has over 60GB of customer data).

We have very experience people working at this company, people that have come from various backgrounds and we pool our knowledge together to make things work and keep the servers running smoothly.

Yash said:
People think managing production windows servers with 1000 sites on each is easy as managing small corporate servers or small server farms.

Believe me Yash, its not that hard if you are working with required number of, qualified staff. I have no idea about the number but there is no-doubt that the latter one needs improvement.

I hope it will be better soon :]

I think we are doing an excellent job. We hardly have any ASP.NET, ASP or IIS issues on the servers

We have a staff a technical staff of 10 not including myself. The people taht work for us include MSCEs, MCSAs and MCPs.

The problem comes when we have a bad script on the servers. On corporate or small servers, you simply don't encounter soo much of badly written code. controlling that script and locating the website requires alot of patience and techniques you won't find in books. It is much easier to do find such issues on small corporate servers if they do ever occur. On large web servers, it is difficult and therefore it isn't as simple as many of you think

I'm closing this thread as the original issue was addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back