Auto creation of email address and webmail

M

mrd

Hi, I've currently got a trial account and am considering moving to a full one but need to know the following, and if anyone has done this I'd be very grateful to hear about it.

I have a forum and other stuff and so people have to sign up to the site to get access to certain features. I want to also have a process whereby when the person signs up to the site I can use some process to automatically create a matching email account for them. Is there a way to do this or do email addresses have to be created through the cp?

Second question is is there a POP/SMTP email tool included such as JMail Pro? I'm wanting to create/use my own webmail interface for members. Anyone else done this?

edit to add

Oh this is all in ASP/SQL Server btw

edit to add again

I am also considering of making the email be actually for a domain other than the sites one. So that the domain is domain.com, say, but their email addresses will be @domainusers.com.

Would that be possible to programmatically do?

hi.. just wana ask u something...

i have a forum too... and i made emails for my friends....

but i still don have a domain for my webmail... i mean.. i dont know how to install email programs such as horde or neomial or squirrel...

how do i install them so that we can use our emails already..

thanks.. :p

H-Sphere can be controlled through the SOAP protocol when this feature is enabled, I'm not entirely sure if you can use regular user accounts with that even if it's enabled though, I haven't tried yet.

Back