Automated Joomla install?

irma

Guppy
I am looking for ways to automate Joomla installs.

1. Can I create a one-click Joomla install in H-Sphere?
2. Does H-Sphere offer an API or any interface in which I can automate installation processes?

Your comments are highly appreciated.

1. Can I create a one-click Joomla install in H-Sphere?
Mambo is there for cluster1 users, however i'll recommend to wait for our Hsphere3.0 upgrade. For our new cluster users, Joomla is available for one-click install. One click installer here is called EasyApps and available only for Linux accounts

2. Does H-Sphere offer an API or any interface in which I can automate installation processes?
This needs control panel system level access that won't be possible in shared hosting.

For our new cluster users, Joomla is available for one-click install. One click installer here is called EasyApps and available only for Linux accounts.

I do have a linux account with EasyApps, but I am not sure if I am a "new cluster user" or not. Where can I find information about setting up 1-click Joomla installs in EasyApps?

Thank you very much.

Is Joomla easy to install etc on Jodohost? A possible client has it and I just wondered if anyboyd had gone down the root of using it on Jodo?

I have installed it a few times even on windows, just unzip put in the mysql info and go :D Sometimes you need to set a few permissions.

I prefer installing outside of any easy installation programs as it gives flexiblity to do upgrades when you want, add mods etc that the easy installs just don't do.

Is Joomla easy to install etc on Jodohost? A possible client has it and I just wondered if anyboyd had gone down the root of using it on Jodo?
I have many Joomla installations in a Jodo Linux server and it is no problem. I have used it with Joomla installer and also Joomla cloner. It is quite amazing that Jodo support staff can help me with Joomla related stuff because they have many platforms and web applications. I became a reseller because my favourite coder recommended Jodohost Linux account for Joomla, and he was right. I think i have 60-70 Joomla webs in Jodohost now, running smoothly. Good luck with your Joomla work.

You are on our cluster1 that needs upgrade to Hsphere3.

Tanmaya, I guess now we would have Joomla packed with EasyApps on Cluster 1... correct?
Any issues?

Also, could we do as Stephen suggested he did on his Windows (just uploading to a directory) but on a Linux account?

Thanks

Yea I plan on offering script installs to my clients outside the EasyApps.

Stephen is right, it's better for upgrades and allows you to set permissions where you want them.

Yea I plan on offering script installs to my clients outside the EasyApps.

Stephen is right, it's better for upgrades and allows you to set permissions where you want them.

not only that(but that is a big and good thing, as php apps are a big source of defacements on users accounts) but it makes it upgradeable when new versions come out, these auto installers are not so upgradeable.

The only issue that I have uncovered with the one-click install is that if you change the default directory name, it install's but does not load.

I can delete the bad install, re-install with the default /joomla directory and it works fine.

Back