AWStats file

If I delete "AWStats/awstats_archive.mydomain.log" will the server automatically recreate the file when it writes to it? If not, how do you recommend I clear the data in it?

Whatever it is for, it is most annoying.
I've asked about it before and a patch was supposed to have fixed the problem iirc, but obviously it has not. That file makes it very impractical to use AWStats for busy sites :(

I read another post that someone mentioned turning off AWstats, delete the whole folder and thne turning it back on. Think I'll try that at the end of the month.

guycre8ive said:
I read another post that someone mentioned turning off AWstats, delete the whole folder and thne turning it back on. Think I'll try that at the end of the month.
I think it was me who suggested this, and in any case, this is what I do every month.

Well, that makes you lose all statistics on the previous months, doesn't it? That makes it a whole lot less useful :/

SubSpace said:
Well, that makes you lose all statistics on the previous months, doesn't it? That makes it a whole lot less useful :/
Agreed, but I'm not interested in long term stats, just recent stats to see spikes due to changes, due to holidays, due to outages, etc. You needs may be different. You can always save the web page to your computer before deleting the stats and reseting the stats.

Back