AWStats Problems

Logan

Perch
Anyone having problems with AWStats on win5? Yesterday, I couldn't see my stats due to some server configuration or security problem. It had been working fine for weeks. I logged a ticket and it was fixed yesterday. Now today, I can't login to see the stats using my CP ID and password. Logged this as a ticket too. Waiting for this to be fixed.

I find it odd that all of a suddent there's these problems with AWStats when I have not seen any changes to or work on win5 in the Announcements.

You need to use your FTP username and password to access AWStats.

That being said, I'm getting a script error on my AWStats on Win5:

Can't open perl script "C:\HSphere\skeleton\AWStats\awstats.pl": Permission denied

Sorry I did not see this before, it seems psoft made some changes during the migration, and some security settings got reset, this should however work now, but I don't have a username and password to test.

If any one of you on win5 could check, it would be great.

Seems to work now. Didn't ask me for a password, but not sure if it just cached my password from previous attempts. I'll close down the browser and try again. But definitely have some access to the file.

Thanks or the report, I did not change the IIS security settings, so it probably just had it cached, please let me know if it still does not ask,as I will need to work on that.

Stephen said:
Thanks or the report, I did not change the IIS security settings, so it probably just had it cached, please let me know if it still does not ask,as I will need to work on that.
My FTP user ID and password did not work until I reset my FTP password to the same as it was before, and now it works.

I hope it bother you a lot that Psoft makes these types of changes, that inconvenience and piss-off your users, without telling you about it.

On the other hand, if you knew of this impact, why didn't you tell us?

Yet another example of bad communication or bad management (you choose).

We did not know about the issue until it was reported, no I am not happy that psoft made such changes.

Stephen said:
We did not know about the issue until it was reported, no I am not happy that psoft made such changes.
This is not the first time Psoft changes have caused problems. Is something being done about it?

Logan, small issues can happen after major migrations like this. it's impossible to ensure thing, however small it is, is working correctly.

We need to prioritize issues.

Yash said:
Logan, small issues can happen after major migrations like this. it's impossible to ensure thing, however small it is, is working correctly.

We need to prioritize issues.
Let me clarify my question. Is something being done about the fact that Psoft always manages to change things without your awareness. I understand this incident was minor, but how many minor incidents do you put up with until something is done?

PSOFT played a major part in this smooth IP migration.. Their techs were with us almost 24x7 during this move.. taking care of and watching critical systems...

I have problems with webalizer on win8.
It stopped on june 8 or 9 and it doesn't count anymore.
Can You see what is wrong about this please.
I sent mail to support yesterday and here is what i got back.
It seems that webalizer couldnt update your sites for few days. kindly wait for some time, it will be updated itself.

That was actually the reply we got from psoft on the ticket we sent to them about webalizer for you.

They said 24-48 hours, it has already been about 36, if it still does not work after midnight tonight, we will make sure they know and get it fixed.

Back