Backups fail within CP

I have a client trying to use the account backup feature in the CP to backup their domains and mysql databases and all of them are failing. This may be related to the CP, but need to get confirmation on this.

Ticket KOR-12599-905

Thanks

this may be related to the control panel server OS upgrade, I am not 100% sure on this but I believe the backup feature runs off of a cronjob, and if it failed it won't run.

Now for an alternative, you can make a backup from phpMyAdmin or SQLyog and do a DB export. And for the web files you can use the webshell archive feature. This will do the same thing in a less manageable way, but it is a work around for the time being.

this may be related to the control panel server OS upgrade, I am not 100% sure on this but I believe the backup feature runs off of a cronjob, and if it failed it won't run.

Now for an alternative, you can make a backup from phpMyAdmin or SQLyog and do a DB export. And for the web files you can use the webshell archive feature. This will do the same thing in a less manageable way, but it is a work around for the time being.

Can I request tech support or yourself do the backups as they are getting lost using the method you are mentioning. They were familiar with the account backups method.

Greg

We have given the backups as per your request.

Thanks... I needed the domain data compressed... it was just copied to a backup folder, but I have updated the ticket. No need to further track that here... however I want to make sure the initial problem with the account backup not working gets fixed.

Thanks.

Deepak mentioned it is fixed. Can you check and confirm?

I responded in the Ticket... he got it.

We are leaving the ticket open as there is still an issue with the failing backups via the account backup options in the CP. However the manual backups will get the client through this phase of things.

Thanks.

Ok. I was confused as his last response said:
-------------------------------
We have corrected this, kindly try to take backup now.
-------------------------------

Back