bandwidth consumption

Can I limit bandwidth consumption on a per directory or per file basis? How about per user. What server variable returns bandwidth consumption if any?
Thanks

It is not possible to limit bandwith in current plans. However if you want, we can make a custom plan for you that will not allow transfer beyond what is acceptable to you for your entire account. In this plan, once limit is reached, CP will not accept further transfer.

No one has asked for this feature, if you want, we can try this for you. Please write to billing @ jodohost.com

atomi said:
Can I limit bandwidth consumption on a per directory or per file basis? How about per user. What server variable returns bandwidth consumption if any?
Thanks

I did a similar thing for a large download which was a 1mb file.

My account only had a monthly bandwidth of 1GB - Ok this was a few years ago. I wrote a small script to count how many times the download link was followed. Once it got to 500, the link was disabled.

I think something like this is what you are after.

Nathan

I need variables of bandwidth usage for total files in a directory. I have been reading about mod_bandwidth but its only for apache servers. A script would be simple to write ofcourse i would need to have a variable for bandwidth consumption.

something like:

user: #user#
files in directory: #numberoffiles#
total size of all files: #totalsize#
total bandwidth since #date#: #bandwidthconsumption#

I found a post by platinum on sitepoint which helped me. The jist is to put the filesize in a db then serve the file and count how many times its been served * the filesize.
atomi

Back