Benefits of Win5

Scott

Perch
I'm quite a new customer (1 month now), and I hear a lot about the new Win5-server. Perhaps I joined too late to know what the advantages of win5 are... I'm still on win2 however.

Could someone, perhaps the admins, tell me some more about win5?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Niels

Scott said:
I'm quite a new customer (1 month now), and I hear a lot about the new Win5-server. Perhaps I joined too late to know what the advantages of win5 are... I'm still on win2 however.

Could someone, perhaps the admins, tell me some more about win5?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,
Niels

I just signed up as a reseller last week and was placed on Win2. It's impractical to run a database-driven site on Win2 when the MSSQL Server seems to be in another country. My page load times have increased exponentially based on database intensiveness (ie. 0.1 sec load time on previous host is now 0.5sec... 0.5sec load time is now 15sec).

Can my entire reseller account, including all domains/clients, etc.. be moved to Win5 (if this is indeed "better")?

Thanks...

Could anyone answer this please? I suppose it's rather easy for the admins to sum up all advantages, no?

Regards,
Niels

Scott

Win2 is going to be shifted to Win6 in a week or two. If you are facing any problems with your hosting experience, you can ask your account to be shifted immediately. Win5 and Win6 are more powerful windows 2000 servers. Win2 is Windows 2003 and we've been facing many problems with Win2003

Webdeveloper
Your reseller account is not on Win2. Your new accounts will go to a server marked by us as "open". Previously Win2 was open for signups. Now that has been closed and Win6 is open for signups. So a new account created by you will go to Win6. All your win2 accounts wll be shifted to Win6 eventually. If you are having problems, you can ask some of your Win2 accounts to be shifted immediately. Just open a ticket with their account IDs

Accessing MSSQL from Win1, Win2 and Win4 will be a little slower due to network lag and this is affecting old customers but not new customers signing up from yesterday (because they are going on win6). As I said, this will be solved in a week or two. If you need an immediate solution, ask your account to be shifted to Win5 or Win6

Yash said:
Accessing MSSQL from Win1, Win2 and Win4 will be a little slower due to network lag and this is affecting old customers but not new customers signing up from yesterday (because they are going on win6). As I said, this will be solved in a week or two. If you need an immediate solution, ask your account to be shifted to Win5 or Win6

Is win3 included in this list of network lagged servers?

Back