Best way to import 40,000 records into SQL Server?

We are building a website for a client and we will have to import over 40,000 records from Excel into one of their SQL server tables. This would be easy though Management Studio, but I don't think access is enabled to Jodo SQL Server DBs through it. We have been using Visual Studio to connect to Jodo DBs but I don't think it has a way to do a large import like this. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how we can get these records imported?

Thanks.

probably the best way is going to be to make the database you need on a local SQL server install, and then send us the BAK file after you have done the import and taken a backup.

We allow Management Studio access, but from excel would be bulk import and require bulk admin, which we do not allow.

I've already done the majority of the work on the Jodo database so is it possible to just restore 1 table from a BAK, or is it all or nothing? Worst case I guess I can make a BAK of the current Jodo DB, restore local, add the table, and then send it to you guys. Just let me know what works best.

Thanks.

All or nothing, probably will be best to get the BAK from us, import, restore, and be done.

Back