binarywrite fails with aspimage

Logan

Perch
I have moved my web site from another host to Jodohost. Both use ASPImage so I figured that I could simply pick up and carry my code to Jodohost and it would work. It doesn't seem to.

I am using the following code:

--- cut here ---
id = request.querystring("id")

set p = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
p.Open "SELECT * FROM dvd WHERE dvd_id = " & id, "dsn=leather1-malemanes" , 0, 1, 1

set i = server.createobject("aspimage.image")
ctt = p("dvd_coverart_type")
i.loadblob p("dvd_coverart_data"),1

Response.Expires = 0
Response.Buffer = True
Response.Clear
Response.ContentType = ctt
Response.BinaryWrite i.image

p.Close
set p = Nothing
set i = Nothing
Response.End
--- cut here ---

The error I get is "ASPImage.Image error '8000ffff' / Bitmap image is not valid / line 45". I thought it might be my database or data, but then...

If I replace the BinaryWrite line with "Response.BinaryWrite p("dvd_coverart_data")", the image is displayed perfectly.

Please help. This all worked perfectly at my last web host.

ASPImage has expired!

After much testing and playing around, I have discovered that the ASPImage installed is an Evaluation version that expired on March 26, 2003.

I can see this by using the line ...

response.write myimage.version & " " & myimage.expires & " " & myimage.registeredto

... whose oputput is ...

2.31 03/26/03 Evaluation

I expected that when paying for services here, I would not be exepcted to use an eval copy of advertized components, in fact it doesn't work at all. I expect this will be fixed ASAP.

Re: ASPImage has expired!

Can you please PM me your customer ID or point me to the page so that we can look into it.

malemanes said:
I expected that when paying for services here, I would not be exepcted to use an eval copy of advertized components, in fact it doesn't work at all. I expect this will be fixed ASAP.

I'm looking into this. Since no one really uses ASPImage with us we may have installed the Eval Edition and forgotted to uprade.

The .expires method shows it expired in march and that it is the evaluation version

OK, I got my win admin on this and this is what he said:

---------
ASPImage was uploaded to a directory called downloads on the C: Drive and it was registered there.
I then moved it to the Win32 directory and reregistered it.
There is no registered version that you purchase you register the trial with your license. Well that is where the problem is.
There appears to be a conflict with the registrations and that is why the error.
So yes that may be the error they are getting but that is not what the case is.
I'm looking into this and hopefully I'd have it running by Sunday.

Yash said:
we fixed it. Tell me if it works
I'm trying to use AspImage but I have this error:
"This evaluation component has expired. Please register."
I also tryed the same as Robert in post #3 and it shows:
"2.31 11/27/03 Evaluation"

Back