Blackstone Released - When Will Jodo Upgrade?

hatton

Perch
As a member for the CFMX 7.0 (aka Blackstone) Beta Team I was thrilled to see that Macromedai has released Blackstone for public consumption. This brings a whole new light to rapid and complete web application development, offering extremely simple PDF/Flashpaper/MSWord document creation, enhanced CFC creation, improved Verity integration and performance, a new Report presentation tool using XSL and XML and many other tools to provide CF developers with better tools to deliver quality applications to their clients.

I do recall a thread saying that Jodohost would go ahead when the upgrade was released but not what the timetable was for it. Anyone want to give some insight on this?

That would be sweet if they did soon. Blackstone has me excited about CF again!!

We are testing it now for potential release very soon. I don't yet know when very soon is :)

Want to put in my vote for a quick move to MX7. The new features are extremely attractive. Specifically the Flashpaper/PDF capability.

Yes... MX 7 is awesome. I would really like to see it installed on the servers. Also give us resellers some sort of edge over other hsphere resellers who are still at 6.1.

I have limited apps to test in mx7, has anyone else tested their sites locally on 6.1 to mx7 upgrade, any problems encountered?
If you have something complex you want me to test on my local cfmx7 server, (it is not internet accessible, sorry) I can accept it via a zip file and test it. Send me a PM if you want to do this, but I have tested CFnuke, and a few FAQ and other small apps with no issues at all.

Shotty code is allways a problem... However from my tests with another provider it seems to be quicker in all respects.

Is hsphere ever going to support CFDSN from the CP?

I moved my entire dev server over to CF7. All the code works fine. I didn't have to change any code.

Three of my sites are now on a production CF7 server and are working perfectly. They aren't complicated sites, but there is interaction with a database.

CFMX,

CFDSN creation is already part of hsphere, it is just so unreliable and sometimes corrupts neo-query.xml that we have it disabled on one server, and it is enabled on the other but nearly useless ebcause it takes 48+ hours to create them, am we end up creating them manually before hsphere does.

Thanks for the reports, they sound good.

hi, im a sr. coldfusion developer in the philippines and im using your
your hosting service.(best hosting in the planet so far) Im currently looking for CF PDF but if we can use coldfusion mx 7 server it would be great.

also is it possible you offer mysql 4.1 and MAXDB these type of database will help us specially developing small ERP systems on the web

cheers

reinrev,

MySQL4.1 I know is nice, but right now the hsphere developers are not supporting it.

I think CFMX7 will be coming before MySQL 4.1

Hello!

I have a potential client who wants to sign up for hosting. They are just holding off until we can offer ColdFusion 7. I was just wondering how the testing is going and when we can expect that it will be ready.

Thanks

Testing has gone well, it will be ready.............when it is.

I am not sure when that will be, but we will announce it a few days prior.

I've got MX7 in my development environment, and it only took me a few hours to forget old common sence. Don't do what I did; I should have given it at thought before I did it. I realize that you cannot use MX7 attributes in an MX6 environment. Of course. It generates error. Of course. Now I get to undo my sillyness. Of course. I shouldn't expect MX7 to appear this week.

Back