Blocking image leeching

Sailor

Perch
Someone on MySpace was using one of my user's images - linking it directly. He tried to contact this person and got no response, so he deleted the image. But the link is still there and this seems to be a very popular MySpace page because now the errors are clogging up my logs. Does anyone know how I can just block all requests from this page (or even just block all requests from MySpace)? I know I can redirect URLs in my CP, but not sure if I still take a bandwidth/performance hit for these.

Thanks

:D one could make it go really fast by putting some crazy message there.

But if all the requests are coming form many sources it is hard to stop, it is on linux or windows?

Unfortunately the way it's used is as a background image on a page. If you've seen some of the wackier MySpace pages, this would be near the top, so I doubt anything I put there would put them off. Problem now is, with the image removed my logs are getting filled up with 404 errors from the numerous hits that page gets every day. As far as I can see the requests all come from MySpace.

Look at the good side of this , you have an image linked directly from heavy used page.
Simple delete the image so it is not there and configure 404 page to send an image with your site details and message to any page that using this image. i have did it and i am now displaying "This image is deleted please visit www.mydomain.com directly , thanks"

Back