Bounce, Bounce, Bounce

hafa

Perch
I'm subscribed to several Yahoo! groups (most notably, the Dreamweaver group) and continually get booted off the list due to bounced emails. The latest response is:

Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected]

This has been going on for months now; since June 3rd alone, I've been bounced off 22 times. If I'm having these problems, likely my customers are as well, but they don't tend to contact me until there's a serious problem.

I've been round and round and round with the support staff in the helpdesk and keep getting the same response: "send us the headers".

Obviously, I'm never going to be able to send a header in this circumstance, but this is a big pain and it causes me to miss out on a whole bunch of responses from the group.

Maybe there's no way to figure this out without the headers, but nonetheless, I'm posting here in the hopes that someone may find a solution. Any ideas?

Not a real solution, but:

Sign up for a yahoo account, which gets you an email address on yahoo. Sign up for the list using that account. Then, configure your email client (or webmail client) to download all the messages from the yahoo box.

Tim

skypanther said:
Not a real solution, but:

Sign up for a yahoo account, which gets you an email address on yahoo. Sign up for the list using that account. Then, configure your email client (or webmail client) to download all the messages from the yahoo box.

Tim

While this would be fine for me, I can hardly tell my customers, who pay good money for me to host their email accounts, to go set up a yahoo account...;) As you said, however, not a real solution...

Stephen said:
What are the bounce messages?

Hey there, Stephen!

The most common is the "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay" refered to above. I don't recall the details of the others, but will post them here as they occur.

That typically means that yahoo is spamcop listed and cant connect or is trying to send as you without validation(auth) via our servers.

Stephen said:
well are there MX or A records? :)

Yup, always have been. I've had this domain (not yyy.com, of course) for over 5 years; it services some 30 email addresses which never have problems except for those used for Yahoo accounts...

If it is Yahoo alone, can you contact their customer support to get some more info about this issue. Also please PM me your domain name.

Back