Can I do it like this?

sridhar

Guppy
Hi,

Currently I have

ns1.domain.com
ns2.domain.com (both IPs from my previous host)

and i am hosting all my domains with nameservers ns1.domain.com & ns2.domain.com (at previous host)

now would it be fine if i register in my domain panel (of domain.com)

ns3.domain.com &
ns4.domain.com ( from jodohost IPs & keep ns1 & ns2 Ips from previous host)

and host a testing site on jodo servers by giving ns3.domain.com & ns4.domain.com as nameservers to testingsite.com?

i basically want to test a sample site at jodohost(before moving here which i understand is a manual process) by registering ns3 & ns4 with jodo IPs and want nothing else is diisturbed.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Hi Sridhar,

If you want to test your website before changing your nameservers. You can do it by switching your domain to dedicatyed IP.

For further clarification you may contact us on Live Chat(avilable on home page of our website).

Just another suggestion which may be useful. I often test sites before moving domains by editing my local 'hosts' file. If you're running Windows then its at something like:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Add a line like
nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn mydomain.com www.mydomain.com

where nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn is the IP number.

That overrides the dns so therefore when you type mydomain.com or www.mydomain.com into your browser it will go to the new IP. You'll hit the server IP with the correct http 1.1 host string so the new site responds. When you're happy, move the dns and nothing else needs to change. I've used this for publishing FrontPage sites etc before moving. I guess its only useful for you testing, not getting other people to test the site before it moves.

Cheers
Ross

Back