Can't connect to MySQL server

Hi

I sometimes get an error message from vBulletin with the following message:

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'mysql2.g********.com' (10054)

I opened a support ticket but Support wants me to reproduce the steps which I can't as the problem is intermittent and is caused by visitors viewing my forum.

Anyone know how to fix this? On my last 2 Web hosts I never had this problem so I don't think it is a vBulletin problem.

Thanks

Gavin

This can happen for a few reasons, one is too many connections open, another is if using a pconnect (persistent connection) but it doesn't look to me that you are there.

one is too many connections open

My Web site does not get very many visitors. I'm on a shared Windows server, maybe the server is overloaded?

I'm just using the standard vBulletin settings which should be the same as this forum.

My Web site does not get very many visitors. I'm on a shared Windows server, maybe the server is overloaded?

I'm just using the standard vBulletin settings which should be the same as this forum.
ooohhhh on a windows server, no it isn't overloaded but it can be due to the php cgi processes, they are much slower than on their linux counterparts.

Back