CC refund through Hsphere

Discussion in 'H-Sphere Reseller Hosting' started by david3rd, Feb 6, 2014.

1. david3rd

david3rd Perch

We recently cancelled an account after about 7 days and selected the option to do refund/billing and charge the CC. Does anybody know about how long it may take for a refund to show up in a client's bank account?
  2. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

Generally depends upon your merchant account but normally within 72 hours.
  3. david3rd

david3rd Perch

Is there some report I can view in hsphere to see if this was sent? I can find no record at my merchant account and the client hasn't received it yet. The account was cancelled on 2/2/14.
  4. Stephen

Stephen US Operations Staff Member

I have checked with Atul on this and he clarified for me how it works.
    1.Hsphere doesn't issue a refund via the CC Merchant it only voids the entry hsphere side.
    2. You need to login on the merchant control panel/gateway side and process the refund to equalize the Hsphere side.

I think this should clarify for you, one is for book keeping (hsphere side) and one is for customer (merchant reversal/refund)

Our way of doing it is to have the customer service reps issue the request and then manager processes the refunds if needed to the CC/merchant, since a manager is not always in on the billing side we say the request will process within 48 hours, and credits sometime after this point.