Certain characters lost in ASP->ODBC->MySql transit

I've migrated a site to jodohost and since then, the character "č", while entered via a web-form, loses its caron and becomes "c".

I have tried about everything, and the only difference seems to be the ODBC language/encoding on previous and this system. Is there some way, to set the encoding of ODBC to win-1250, since i suspect the strings being converted to iso-8859-1 which deforms them, or some other way of storing this characters (i detest the way ;))

I doubt it is the Linux, that is guilty. I suspect the ODBC, which AFAIK is on a Windows server. With .NET I can enter these and other characters in the databases in several encodings, either with ADO.NET also as with ODBC, if I convert them to iso-8859-1 beforehand, which I cannot do in classic ASP.

Is there not anyone storing some non-iso8859-1 data in the MySql to show me what I'm doing wrong ? I've set the correct encoding in the HTML head...

Sorry it didn't work out, I can still take a look at ODBC settings if you wish.

Thanks, I don't need it anymore... Not for this site. And anyway, there are no such settings in odbc control panel. maybe the "initial statement" could help, but it's not possible to set it via the HSphere, only via ODBC sources itself.

Thanks, I've talked with my friend who is into hosting and he tells me this is to be set in my.cnf for all clients. Unless you are running 4.1> which you are not so it can't be done unless with a 3rd party ASP component which tranlates strings into 8859-1.

OK, in that case,it doesn't seem like we could have helped you in that situation, as the my.cnf is on the linux server, and we would not want to casue problems for other customers with such a global setting.

Back