CF Schedule for ASP.NET site

I have an ASP.NET/SQL Server site on a jodo shared server and I have a requirement to perform 3 particular tasks each week at set times. At the moment I have coded links onto my homepage that are visible when I login as an administrator however it requires that I login at set times each week which is inconvenient and sometimes means that the jobs run late. It would be fantastic if I could somehow schedule the jobs automatically and Yash has advised using CF Scheduler.

As someone who has never even seen CF in use I have no idea if this is possible with my ASP.NET site and if it is how.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice anyone can give me.

Thanks, Matt

xtrac222 said:
It would be fantastic if I could somehow schedule the jobs automatically and Yash has advised using CF Scheduler.

As someone who has never even seen CF in use I have no idea if this is possible with my ASP.NET site and if it is how.

I would greatly appreciate any help or advice anyone can give me.

It's definitely something that you can do. A "scheduled task" in ColdFusion is nothing more than a scheduled HTTP call from the server.

Hatton

You'll need to check and see if your account is on a server with both ASP.net and CFMX. Since the implementation of the CFMX server I believe you get one or the other, but not both, unless you were already on a server with both installed.

I have a scheduled task running that checks an FTP folder on a remote server every morning for updated files, and downloads the newest ones. I created a .cfm page (a Cold Fusion page) with the FTP request and file downloading script and then asked tech support to schedule it to run every day. Been working great for over 5 months now.

Back