Cfcontent ?

Biomilk

Guppy
Hi there,

Is cfcontent enabled on jodoHost?

I am building an application that needs the ability to dynamically create doc files to be sent to the client. These docs contain a pic and some text information regarding the pic - very simple. It works correctly in my testing environment but on jodohost it opens the doc with only plain text and no formatting applied.

This is my code:
<cfcontent type="application/msword">
<cfheader name="Content-Disposition" value="filename=#url.category#_#url.subCategory#_#url.id#.doc">
<cfoutput>
#stuff here#
</cfoutput>

-Danny

Biomilk said:
Hi there,

Is cfcontent enabled on jodoHost?

I am building an application that needs the ability to dynamically create doc files to be sent to the client. These docs contain a pic and some text information regarding the pic - very simple. It works correctly in my testing environment but on jodohost it opens the doc with only plain text and no formatting applied.
Yes, CFContent is enabled - if it weren't working you would be getting an error message, not a plain text document.

The question to ask is what is the database returning for what the file?

8) I figured it out. The debugger I have enabled in my testing environment was causing it to work correctly.
After adding <table> tags around my output text, word was able to correctly interpret and format my junk.

Biomilk said:
8) I figured it out. The debugger I have enabled in my testing environment was causing it to work correctly.
After adding <table> tags around my output text, word was able to correctly interpret and format my junk.
LOL Glad to hear that you got it working! Sometimes we overshoot the problem.

now the real question is, how the goddamn hell can you get the ruler bars that word puts up to go away? someones gotta have an answer for this.

aldog said:
now the real question is, how the goddamn hell can you get the ruler bars that word puts up to go away? someones gotta have an answer for this.
IIRC that's a client-side preference that we don't have any control over.

Back