CFID, CFTOKEN and CFMAIL

ejones

Guppy
Has anyone had the cfid and cftoken show up in the address bar? I have built a few applications using CF before but never had this happen. It is showing up on each page after clicking any link within the site???.

Also has any been succesful using cfmail from these servers? I have used other hosts/servers and been able to send mail but not here so far. Do I need to set anything in the control panel?

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks
Ed

ejones said:
Has anyone had the cfid and cftoken show up in the address bar? I have built a few applications using CF before but never had this happen. It is showing up on each page after clicking any link within the site???.

In your CFAPPLICATION tag you didn't happened to accidently set the SetClientCookies value to "No", did you? Have you disabled cookies in your browser for any reason? Are there any ADDTOKENs that mysteriously snuck into your code?

Also has any been succesful using cfmail from these servers? I have used other hosts/servers and been able to send mail but not here so far. Do I need to set anything in the control panel?

I've been using CFMAIL without any problems. I don't recall changing anything in the control panel to get it to work. For the record, I'm on win2.

peskypup said:
In your CFAPPLICATION tag you didn't happened to accidently set the SetClientCookies value to "No", did you? Have you disabled cookies in your browser for any reason? Are there any ADDTOKENs that mysteriously snuck into your code?

Thanks!

No I have not specified that in my application page and it does not show them in my two test environments. I checked for addtokens and to see if I had turned off add tokens, I hadn't.

Is that considered a security issue if they show?

I've been using CFMAIL without any problems. I don't recall changing anything in the control panel to get it to work. For the record, I'm on win2.

I will check my code again for the mail but I don't get any cf errors. For the server did you set it to http://yourdomainname.com ?

ejones said:

Ed,

You might have a few CFLocation tags running around without the AddToken parameter set to NO. I think that this is a change in the latest version of CF where they default it to YES instead... should not be anybig issue tho.

As far as using CFMail, I've been able to without any configuraiton issues, I simply have my line as:

<cfmail to="[email protected]" from="[email protected]" subject="Pricing Request">

Back