Cfmx 7

Hi Support,

I've been waiting for a reply on the CFMX 7 situation for a while now. I understand that H-sphere is the cause of the problem. However, can Jodohost be more frequent in updating us (resellers) with the latest situation.

The reason for this is because our clients are asking us to support CFMX 7 and I am unable to provide any answers. The only thing I can say in the past month is "I don't know". This doesn't make us look very professional and doesn't really help for better customer relations and finally, the bottom line.

Thanks

TN

We can't answer what we don't know, so what can we say, other than what we have said?

as Stephen said, we unfortunately can say little ourselves since we have no idea on PSOFT's plans.

However I dont think its going to be earlier than october

Don't get too offended at the question/request guys....

I realise that you can do only what you can do. However, since everyone that is using coldfusion at jodohost is relying on Jodohost to inform us of your upgrade plans it is only appropriate that Jodohost provides a more solid answer. Looking back at the CFMX 7 upgrade forum, we were told in Jan 05 that it would be in a few months, after a few months, more questions and then again, a few months, perhaps Jodohost doesn't have plans to upgrade at all to CF7, this is fine also, however, do let us know what happening in more certain terms.

regards

TN

Sufi, we fully expected psoft to do something with cfmx7, and were making an estimate. When they support it, we will most likely add a new server running it, and not until that time. We stopped giving any timeframe after nothing was met, so it is not worth us giving anything else, so as Yash said, most likely nothing until after october. So when will it be supported? No idea.

CFMX7 is obviously near the bottom of their priority list, at this time anyway.

Thanks Stephen for the update,

Although the news is not great, however, it is solid information that I can work with and adjust my schedule accordingly. This was all I needed to know.

Thanks for your help.

TN

I have brought up CFMX7 again at their forums. We will implement it when PSOFT does as well. But our hands are tied till then. We don't want to introduce a product that is going to continually break and cost us so many hours to keep running.

Hi Yash,

I understand that Coldfusion is quite a pain in a shared hosting environment and can cause so much headache for the administrator. I agree that this responsibility should not be placed on the admins, coldfusion makers have to shape up. I think that Jodohost has done quite an amazing job at compensating for Coldfusion's lack of support for admins.

If more shared hosting firms voice their concerns, then surely something will be done.

Also, I have posted a question at PSoft concerning their plans for CFMX7. Perhaps additional requests for this information from Jodohost would help expedite the process.

I just got a reply back from PSoft people:

"---------------------------------------------------------
We are working to re- redesign the Cold Fusion support in the H-Sphere.
So we will try to include this support in the coming H-Sphere version.
Unfortunately , I don't know when it is finished.
Please follow the news on our site

--
Evgeniy Podrez
Windows Developer Team
Positive Software Corporation
"----------------------------------------------------------

Latest news from PSoft

Below is the conversation I've had with PSoft. This is the latest news. I hope this information help others.

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear support,

I am using the very solid and dependable Hsphere system in a webhosting environment. The hosting services being provided are Coldfusion, NETand VPS, which are all be supported by the excellent H-sphere system.

Many customers who are using Colfusion in this hsphere environment have demanded to be upgraded to CFMX7 ( been released for 5 months now), however, so far, there hasn't been much information as to CFMX7 will be supported by Hsphere.

Can you tell us when CFMX7 will be supported as the demand for upgrade is overwhelming and we have to quell the impatient masses.

Regards,

TN

-----------------------------------------------------------

Message by EPodrez on Tue, 26th Jul 2005 9:45 am

We are working to re- redesign the Cold Fusion support in the H-Sphere.
So we will try to include this support in the coming H-Sphere version.
Unfortunately , I don't know when it is finished.
Please follow the news on our site

--
Evgeniy Podrez
Windows Developer Team

--------------------------------------------------------

Your message on Tue, 26th Jul 2005 10:03 am
Thanks for your reply Evgeniy,

Can you give me a rough idea of when, it doesn't have to be exact, just a rough estimate so I can prepare my hosting services. As you can understand, in order to be successful in the hosting business, we need to be able to create plans and sell them. We need estimated time so we can plan accordingly.

Again, sorry for asking but truly our business is very much dependent on coldfusion (so as many others who are offering coldfusion)

Thanks again for your help.

TN

------------------------------------------------------

Message by EPodrez on Tue, 26th Jul 2005 10:29 am

Sorry, but it's very hard to determine the time.
Unfortunately, this task doesn't have a high priority .
I can only suggest you follow the news on our site
--
Evgeniy Podrez
Windows Developer Team

-----------------------------------------------------------

Your message on Tue, 26th Jul 2005 10:45 am
I understand that it is not high priority because there's alot to do,

However, does this mean 3 months, 6 months, 1 year... or CFMX7 will not be supported at all.

It doesn't matter what the answer is, even if it's not great to hear, it will be better than " we don't know". We are all customers of Hsphere and our customers are customers of Hsphere, so there are alot of people waiting on Hsphere to give us a more dependable time frame - a time frame in which we can at least do our business strategies. Basically, some estimated time frame is infinitely better than no time frame.

Regards,

TN

-------------------------------------------------------

Message by EPodrez on Tue, 26th Jul 2005 11:21 am

I hope it will be done at 3 month.
But I can't guarantee it.
--
Evgeniy Podrez
Windows Developer Team

Back