Changing Reseller Server Aliases

OJM

Perch
Hi,

I've been reading up on how to change the URL's I use for my Reseller account, but still have some queries before I go ahead and change...

Basically, I'd like to change from the URL I signed up with, to another URL (ie, myhome.co.uk to myhosting.co.uk)...

• I've added myhosting.co.uk to DNS Manager
  • I've changed the CP URL through my hsphere.biz login, which now works fine - cp.myhosting.co.uk
  • I go into Server Aliases, and can delete all the aliases, and change to myhosting.co.uk (ie, mail1.myhosting.co.uk etc) - however, I can't change the cp.mydomain.co.uk
What I'd like to ask / clarify, is;

How do I change the CP URL under Server Aliases?
If I change all the aliases from, for example, mysql.myhome.co.uk to mysql.myhosting.co.uk will I lose my databases / files? (I realise I'll need to change MYSQL connection names etc in my websites)

Is there anything I'm missing out before I go ahead and make this change?

I've been informed of how to do it by adding Custom DNS Records for myhosting.co.uk, instead of using the Built-in DNS Records, but I'd like to completely change so EVERYTHING is through myhosting.co.uk.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Sorry to bump this again, but I'd really like to get some help on this, either from customers or Yash and co.

Cheers :)

You can have a new DNS zone for new customers, but not for old customers. Hsphere doesnt accomodates any such changes once you have even a single account created using a DNS zone.

Ah right, ok.

What steps would I need to take to create a new DNS zone for new customers?

I don't mind removing all my customers accounts (as they all belong to me at the moment), and re-creating the DNS zone, if this is possible?
If it is, what would I do about databases on MySql servers etc?

I would really like to "reset" everything and start again with my new URL, but obviously backup / restore databases etc.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, you can recreate new DNS zone from scratch with new domain.

For MySQL DBs either take backup or ask support to give you backup of your databases.

Could you give me a brief overview on how to completely remove my DNS zone, and add the new URL as a new one please? I came across a problem where I can't delete the cp.olddomain.com from my DNS zone settings, whereas I can delete mail.olddomain.com etc.

Thanks again.

You can delete the DNS zone from ..

Admin account -> E.Manager- > DNS Manager. When you remove your present DNS zone, all server alias will also get deleted. Then you can add new zone.

You can use live-chat, if you face any issue.

Thank you.

Ah right, and I assume I go to 'view zone instant aliases' on the DNS Manager page, then remove the 'e' prefix and the 'ipdatabase.olddomain.com' - then do the Built-In DNS records dissapear? There's no option just to remove the URL from DNS Manager.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.

As for the backups, what time would they be restored from (I'm in GMT)?

We are available 24x7 basis. You can calculate exact time according to +5:30 GMT.

You have 2 DNS zones. Which one you want to keep ?

You are right, I am also not getting a `Delete` icon next to that zone. But your other zone is setup correctly and is open for hosting.

Please send a ticket for support to clear the entry of disabled zone, manually.

Ok, I will once I've closed my sites and am ready to delete that zone and replace with my new one.

Thanks for your help.

I've closed my sites, backed up, and have opened a ticket for the removal of the DNS zones - DHJ-11380-893

Thanks again for your help.

Back