charging for deleted accounts, why?

ivanrk

Perch
Hello,

I lost a lot of clients recently /because of Hsphere / and i decided to check why my disk space is growing despite me freeing up gigabytes of disk space. I found out that Hsphere is including deleted accounts in my reseller disk usage. Why is this? I have several gigabytes of deleted accounts. Also I offer trial accounts to my clients - so when somebody upload a site and leave me later I continue to pay for this used disk space. Also when i restore a deleted account - its space is empty - so what exaclty disk space are using deleted accounts?
Also on a live account - i deleted a big table from one database - 600 mb - several days ago - and Hsphere doesn't show lower disk space usage.
I paid 130$ for 1.5 gb over usage in the last month - I realy think this is not right /maybe this is how Hsphere works/. So please give me reasonable explanation.
________
Glass Pipe

Hello,

Hsphere uses averages on a rolling 30 day average, so say for the first 16 days you have 1.5GB used, then the last you have deleted and 0, it will average over the 30 days to about 50% of the 1.5GB.

Stephen, 30 days is OK but i have accounts deleted in january 2009 and Hsphere is counting their disk space. My question is how long will I pay for deleted accounts. Also I have a database on mssql6 that is no more than 100MB in size - and hsphere shows Used database file 959.00 MB out of 1000.00 MB. Sorry but this is not acceptable. I am on a platinum plan - 140$ month+ additional 60$ for CP accounts. And the last month jodohost charged me for 1.5 GB disk space- 130$. I deleted many accounts and cleared disk space on other accounts but Hsphere shows that my used disk space is growing - how is this possible! Sorry but for me this is not correct business practice from your side.
________
Lovely Wendie99

Stephen, 30 days is OK but i have accounts deleted in january 2009 and Hsphere is counting their disk space. My question is how long will I pay for deleted accounts. Also I have a database on mssql6 that is no more than 100MB in size - and hsphere shows Used database file 959.00 MB out of 1000.00 MB. Sorry but this is not acceptable. I am on a platinum plan - 140$ month+ additional 60$ for CP accounts. And the last month jodohost charged me for 1.5 GB disk space- 130$. I deleted many accounts and cleared disk space on other accounts but Hsphere shows that my used disk space is growing - how is this possible! Sorry but for me this is not correct business practice from your side.

Hello,

I agree if there is something in Jan 2009 still being charge it is wrong, but it is not 'business practices' it is the way hsphere did it. I need more info to check this it would be good for you to mail billing (at) jodohost.com with a cc to helpline (at) jodohost.com and we will look into it and find why this could be happening and correct it retroactively if needed (which is business practice) :)

Maybe the problem is that i am on a 6 month billing period - and the 30 days in my case are 180 days. Anyway Hsphere is very very strange thing.
________
VIDEO REVIEW

Back