Cl2-Win20 is not responding

Cl2-Win20 is not responding over network at the moment.We are checking it and we will update soon.

Last edited:
The server is being a bit slow now and we are working to find exactly why. There is a RAID rebuild going on since the morning issue, but it should not be slow like this from that process, which is nearing completion.

I see what it is, Hsphere does a routine scan of the config and loads up many GB of info in ram and processes it all, and it just so happens it decided to do all this at a busy time of day, and when the raid rebuild is happening. It does not good to stop it as it will just start doing it again when we start it back up, so we just have to let it complete.

I've actually decided to stop the Hsphere services on Win20 for a couple of hours
this will mean hsphere will not communicate with the server for this time period. This will allow existing sites to function better, and once the RAID rebuild is completed we will re-enable it and it will not be as much negative impact as it will be more stable traffic time at that point as well.

Last edited:
ok, so I have stopped the raid rebuild and pulled out the drive that was rebuilding and immediately the server sped up. The hard drive is obviously running too slow and the whole server is slowing to accommodate that slowness. Therefore we will need to schedule a maintenance for Friday night to get this 100% back in order with RAID protection. This will begin at 10PM Friday July 22nd. We still have backups from last night in the worst case, and will continue taking them even now, so we have data protection plans in place, and will continue to do so.

This maintenance will be delayed by 1.5-2 hours as I've not been able to get away and head to the datacenter yet.

Sorry I forgot to update last night, this was actually able to be done without a reboot

Back