Classic ASP Based SQL Connection String Problem :)

irobot

Guppy
Hi
I got a new sql connection string problem. But it is in classic asp now.

I got another script. I created its requirements in previous SQL database. (same database with main script) First of all, is it a true aproach? I mean use same database is faster than use two databases or vice versa?
When I try to connect I get error (you can find the error message at the bottom of this thead)

You see I tried a lot of alternative connection strings but none of them worked.
Need I any configuration at IIS 6 or SQL database?
I used this script with Access MDB previously (at another provider not jodo)
I cant use Access because main site use SQL Server and I dont want to loose from site performance when 10.000-20.000 visitors come.

Thanks for your help.

Code:
<%

'/// Database Connection Using a SQL Server database ////
'connection="PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;DATA SOURCE=204.10.108.161;DATABASE=DATABASENAME;USER ID=USERNAME;PASSWORD=PASSWORD;"

'connection="PROVIDER=SQLOLEDB;DATA SOURCE=mssql9.jodovps.com;DATABASE=DATABASENAME;UID=USERNAME;PWD=PASSWORD;"
'connection="Provider=SQLOLEDB; Driver={SQL Server};DATA SOURCE=204.10.108.161;DATABASE=DATABASENAME;USER ID=USERNAME;PASSWORD=PASSWORD;"

'connection="Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source = 204.10.108.161; Initial Catalog = DATABASENAME; User Id = USERNAME; Password=PASSWORD;"
'connection="DRIVER={SQL Server};SERVER=204.10.108.161;UID=USERNAME;PWD=PASSWORD;DATABASE=dijital_df0

'connection= _T("Driver={SQL Server};Server=204.10.108.161;"
'     "Address=204.10.108.161,1052;Network=dbmssocn;Database=DATABASENAME;"
'     "Uid=USERNAME;Pwd=PASSWORD;");

connection="Provider=SQLOLEDB; Driver={SQL Server};Server=204.10.108.161;Database=DATABASENAME;Uid=USERNAME;Pwd=PASSWORD;"

%>

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server at xxxxxxxx

ok I found the problem and solved.
The problem was not connection string. I created tables at sql with previous version's .sql file.
so I deleted tables and created again. now everything goes fine.

by the way I use this syntax for connect external sql server via classic asp
I wrote here for future reference :

<%
connection="Driver={SQL Server};Server=204.10.108.161;Database=DATABASENAME;Uid=USERNAME;Pwd=PASSWORD;"
%>

Back