Clients can't Send External Email

GTHMPSN

Guppy
Neither my hosting clients nor myself can send external emails. We are using squirrel mail. I've chatted and submitted a ticket and haven't heard anything.

Anyone else having problems?

gthmspn

Since you mentioned it, I tested it. I sent mail out to two remote domains. The messages didn't come through. No error in SquirrelMail. I then sent a message to my domain on JodoHost and it came right in. I then checked the remote mails again and the messages still did not arrive. After 3 or 4 minutes, the remote mails have still not arrived, so it looks to me like something is a little screwy. The messages will probably go through once they straighten this out.

One of my test messages trickled through. So, it looks like it took about 1 hour. The other test message to another domain is still hiding somewhere.

I got word about an hour or so ago.

There was some problem with the mail queue but now it is under control.it may take a little more time though we have fixed it. Thanks for your co-operaion.

Everything seems to be working now.

Thanks Deepak

Hey I found a post about this, I'm unable to send email through any of my domains I have hosted with you either. My clients started calling about this yesterday. One of them is concerned cause he's trying to work out a deal in Nigera I guess. He's getting emails but can't respond to them.

I sent an email via SquirrelMail to my Hotmail account an hour ago and another about 5-10 minutes ago, and I haven't received either of them. I sent one to Hotmail from my work email, and it arrived quickly, so there seems to still be a problem with email at jodohost. I'm still receiving mail, though; I just can't send it (at least, not in a timely fashion, if it is going through).

There is a problem exclusively with hotmail. Emails to yahoo, gmail and all other servers are being received quickly now

Hotmail has a temporary block on our mail server which should be removed within the next 24 to 48 hours

Have you guys contacted the person responsible for the spamming domain so they don't do it again or so they know to contact the person who's actually doing it?

Back