Code Repository

BluJag

Perch
What does everyone think of having a code repository here on the forum? I know there are tons of sites with code snippets on them but finding them can be a pain, and also the snippets don't always work.

Having such a repository here would allow us to upload useful stuff and would make it easy to find - especially for the newbies.

I would not be opposed to it, but would prefer to have some one or two people volunteer to moderate those forums.

i dont mind helping out, im always around, and ive had exsperience with moderating etc..

Ask bruce from webwizguide for a refrance...lol.. its DJ air)

i think that would be an excellent idea. would be nice to have code snippets that are used by other jodo users.

i would definately contribute!

Looks like folks think it would be a good idea. As to moderating, I think Stephen should take up Emagines kind offer - I already have my hands full with two largish aviation forums.

Stephen - will you set up a Code Repository forum, with maybe javascript, asp, asp.net etc etc sections in it ? Then we can start adding useful bits of code. I often discover useful routines, incorporate them into a site then forget them (I've got a brain like a goldfish) so it would be jolly useful to have them all in one place.

Thanks

Err....sorry Stephen....like I said I have a goldfish brain and your reply was just a tad too obtuse for me....could you explain in plain English (wot we speek 'ere in England)?

Emagine said:
i dont mind helping out, im always around, and ive had exsperience with moderating etc..

Ask bruce from webwizguide for a refrance...lol.. its DJ air)

I had no clue you were DJ air... :)

Nice idea for a snippets forum guys! Hopefully it will promote good coding practices on the servers (especially with ASP & .NET) so we can try and avoid undue server load. Something to point our clients to.

In fact, if not a policy as such, it could be a kind of "best practice" guide for running code on Jodo's servers.

Back