compile times

anybody noticing really high compile times for initial page loads for dotnetnuke sites?
i just put up a brand new dnn site with hardly anything on it (just the default dnn install) and when i came back to the site hours later, i could count to 15-20 seconds before the page displayed. (tried a few times throughout the nite with similar results) and no its not my connection (T1 at work).
wondering if anybody else has run into this and if there might be a work around, aside from finding another host. :p
i need to fix this because i've received notes from guests saying that they sometimes give up after about 10 seconds...sounds corny that its only about 10 seconds, but when most people are used to sites just popping up...watching that progress bar at the bottom for so long, makes people believe that the site is down.

There is no way we can diagnose such issues on the forum. Please open a ticket.

There can be 101 reasons why your DNN site or PHP site is loading slow.. There can be external includes that are loading slow, etc.. Your connection with the database may be setup incorrectly...

blackram said:
I've noticed that performance of PHP sites on Web2 has been very patchy this morning.

Our helpdesk system is on the same server and its working fine. Please submit a ticket

Bishopsoftware said:
anybody noticing really high compile times for initial page loads for dotnetnuke sites?
i just put up a brand new dnn site with hardly anything on it (just the default dnn install) and when i came back to the site hours later, i could count to 15-20 seconds before the page displayed. (tried a few times throughout the nite with similar results) and no its not my connection (T1 at work).
wondering if anybody else has run into this and if there might be a work around, aside from finding another host. :p
i need to fix this because i've received notes from guests saying that they sometimes give up after about 10 seconds...sounds corny that its only about 10 seconds, but when most people are used to sites just popping up...watching that progress bar at the bottom for so long, makes people believe that the site is down.

ASP.NET uses JIT compilation and it unloaded unused assemblies after a preset amount of time to reuse resources so this could be one of the causes for DNN not working. I currently don't use DNN, but I have a few ASP.NET apps running on the server and they take the extra hit on response the first time i visit the page, subsequent visits to that page is instant.

Not sure about PHP.

Back