Connecting to remote MySQL db in Classic ASP

pixuk

Guppy
Hi All,

I'm trying to connect up to a remote MySQL database (not on Jodohost) from a Classic ASP page (which is on Jodohost).

My googling of the problem, including through these support forums, seems to suggest the following connection string is the one to use:

"Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};server=[IP ADDRESS];uid=[USER];pwd= [PASSWORD];database=[DB NAME];Option=16387;"

However, when I run that I get the following error;
Code:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Should I take this on face value that the client on Jodohost is out of date, or do I need a different connection string? The MySQL database I'm connecting to is 5.0.81 (protocol version 10). I'm using the ADODB.Connection object method - is that also correct?

Pete

We are using the older authentication so that people can connect to the both MySQL servers in our network.

Is there a connection method from Jodohost to use the current/new authentication? A different driver, perhaps?

Is there a connection method from Jodohost to use the current/new authentication? A different driver, perhaps?

I will check it and reply within 24 hours. I know in ASP.NET, yes. ASP, I am not as sure of myself.

I need a bit longer, have had some short phone calls that went long here today so far....

Looks like we can run them side by side, for the 5.1 version, please let me know which server you are on.

Sorry to bring up an old post, but can this be installed on win24? As you say, it is totally compatible to have the major versions run side by side, so there wouldn't seem any reason not to have it available on all the Win servers... 5.22 would be better, though :)
(5.2 DOES seem to replace 5.1, however. At least it did on my local PC.)

Open a Support ticket with mention domain name and url on which you are getting error.
we will check it and try to resolve it.

Back