Control Panel Issue

Greetings,

I am having an issue with the H-Sphere control panel, and was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this particular problem:

I cannot log into my service account control panel. When I attempt to log into my service control panel under my reseller account, it immediately returns me to the login screen with no errors displayed. Normally if the username or password are incorrect, it shows this in the top left corner of the page, just under the login and password textboxes. There is nothing being displayed here at all. The URL of the page displays the following:

http://cp.mydomain_name.com/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP/account_name/

This also occurs when I am logged into my reseller administrative account and try to access my service account via the provided link. This is an intermittent problem and has happened to me several times during my time with JodoHost. Several months ago I submitted a ticket regarding this and was told by JodoHost staff that they had no problems accessing this particular control panel. I thought it may be a problem with my personal PC (W2K OS), so I tried clearing browser cache, cookies, flushing DNS with an ipconfig /flushdns command, rebooting. I then tried seperate machines running Windows XP and Windows NT, connected via different ISP's, and still had the same problem. The one strange thing is I can connect fine via my mobile/PDA. Has anyone else ever experienced this, and if so is there a corrective action? And just so there is no confusion, this is by no means a complaint on JodoHost's service, it has always been exceptional.

Thank you and regards,

Douglas S.

Are you running ZoneAlarm or another software firewall? That happens when I turn ZoneAlarm on.

Stephen,

Thank you for your answer, I thought maybe you had found the problem. I tried shutting down Zone Alarm (yes, I am using ZA on all the computers I tried logging in with), the problem is still occuring. As I stated, it only happens with my service account login, my reseller account and administrative account are fine. It is still occuring, and this is the longest it has lasted. If anyone has any other ideas, I would be very happy to hear them. I am at a loss. Luckily I can still log in using my mobile device.

Thanks,

Douglas

SP2 can also cause issues with login scripts.

Try this on IE Browser

1. Tools/Internet Options/Privacy

Must be at Medium or default level.

2. Tools/Internet Options/Advanced

Restore Defaults

nt

Thank you for your answers. I have found that if I cut and paste the following at the end of the URL, it allows me access:

psoft.hsphere.CP

The URL I am shown after logging in is this:

http://cp.mydomain.com/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP/username/account_number/

This shows the login page. I cut and paste to this:

http://cp.mydomain.com/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP/username/account_number/psoft.hsphere.CPhttp://cp.accentuweb.com/psoft/servlet/psoft.hsphere.CP/ThaiSource/34768_0/psoft.hsphere.CP

After the cut, past, and refresh, I can access all functions of the control panel. If I click the "Quick Access" link in the "Account" menu, I am back to the login screen and need to paste the full URL again. This might be a re-direction problem, but I am not an H-Sphere expert. Anyway, I can live with doing the cut and paste, as long as I have access.

Regards,

Douglas

odd, that still sounds exactly like my issue with zole alarm, and the same wordaround.

Have you tried in IE and Mozilla Firefox?

Stephen said:
odd, that still sounds exactly like my issue with zole alarm, and the same wordaround.

Have you tried in IE and Mozilla Firefox?
Stephen,

It may very well still be a Zone Alarm problem. I didn't feel good about leaving Zone Alarm shut down for any long periods, so I didn't test logging into the control panel for any great lengths of time with it turned off. This occurs with both IE and Firefox. Is the URL cut and paste technique the only workaround you have? As I stated, I can live with this as long as I can access the control panel.

Regards,

Douglas

This is a rather dated topic, but I have been experiencing this issue again. I believe I have found a "workaround", it has worked well for me to access areas of the control panel I am having problems with. If you are logged into you control panel and get routed to the login prompt, place an ampersand (&) at the very end of the URL. This has worked for me, although I cannot verify it will work for everyone.

Regards,

Douglas

Back