Convert MS Access to MS SQL

saoirse

Guppy
I have just had the good people at Jodohost convert my MS Access database to MS SQL. I think there are coding changes I need to make to my ASP pages but I dot know what they are. Dows any one know what one must do with the asp code to get everything working. For example the search function doesnt work nor does the login process.

I dont know anything about MS SQL and am an amature at ASP so any direction would be appreciated
The site is www.gulfrecruit.com

Thanks

Tony

please send any related files to the email address i provided you with in your private message. also, MAKE SURE to remove any sensitive information such as IP addresses for the DB and usernames/password before sending the files.

sure, not a problem. i will also post the fix for the forum. i just requested a private message to hide my personal email address.

thanks

Assuming your site was working before, why would you take a working site and make that kind of change without testing it first on a dev box, or at least check out your changes in a seperate directory or sub-domain, while live on a production server?

I'd assume they just upsized the DB to SQL. Pretty easy since Access does it for you. You need to change your connection string for one. If all the tables are the same name then that should be it. If not and they are prefixed with your account name like Jodohost does then you will need to go through all your code and replace the table names.

Back