CP Down?

Back up
When anything goes down, we receive alerts and are aware of it. Just give it 10 minutes or so before reporting please.

Logan said:
No one available via live chat either.

Our team is always online. Sometimes the connection breaks for very shortly between us and the PHPLive server resulting in the connection to break and us appearing not available when we are

Yash said:
Back up
When anything goes down, we receive alerts and are aware of it. Just give it 10 minutes or so before reporting please.
I will NOT wait 10 minutes when something is not working before reporting it. Timely and accurate reporting of problems is essential to a support system. If you aware of the problem, simply say so. If you are not aware of it, then you will get notification as soon as possible. Monitoring does not always catch all problems.

Logan, you are free to report issues ASAP

My point is that we will ALWAYS be aware of the issues before you are, and will be working on it..

Yash said:
My point is that we will ALWAYS be aware of the issues before you are, and will be working on it..
<cough> <cough> That's not true, otherwise we wouldn't need a ticket system at all. Watch what you say Yash, you're starting to look stupid. You didn't know when ASPJPEG wasn't working, without a ticket. You don't know that AWStats isn't working for me, which is why I am going to submit a ticket now. Etc. Careful what you say! (Perhaps it's a language problem).

Logan said:
You don't know that AWStats isn't working for me, which is why I am going to submit a ticket now.
Correction: AWStats is now working. No ticket submitted (in case you were going to go look for it).

Yash said:
I am talking about server up/down issues. Monitoring of essential ports and services
Server up/down... fine. "essential...services"? I consider ASPJEPG essential as my site is useless without it. So clearly our definition of an essential service differs. You should consider everything you offer in your packages as essential. Some perhaps take priority over others, but all are essential, otherwise you are not living up to your obligations and commitments to your customers.

Every thing we offer is an essential part of our services
But we monitor the things that are more prone to problems and more prone to issues.

There have been a few incidents this month where ASPJPEG failed (once when we upgraded it to 1.4 and during Win5 recovery), I appologize for that. But components are very rarely an issue unless they are upgraded or reinstalled. We always check components after any such process but there are times when it may behave in ways unexpected later or after a restart

Yash said:
What are you trying to imply?
I wasn't implying anything. I was suggesting that your claim that you will ALWAYS know about a problem before I do was perhaps a misunderstanding of the words being used. You have since clarified that you were referring only to server and essential services (you should have used more words).

Back