Cron Troubles

Hello,

I've been trying to set up a cron job on a script I wrote. I've contacted support and they replied saying they would set it up. The script doesn't work as expected even though I can get it to run correctly by browsing to it in IE.

It is a PHP script that includes a file from my site, accesses a database and then sends an email through mail.<myserver>.com. This is the first time I've tried to use cron jobs. Is there something I have to change in order to get it to run as a cron job?

When I first asked support to set up the cron job, they emailed me saying that it had been set up. They didn't say that it couldn't be done because it was a windows server, they said that it had been done. Why would they tell me they had done it if it weren't possible?

Proper authority was not received to install a third party product on the server. And such thrd party products are not manageable from the control panel and not an offered service. It is a matter of system security as much as anything, we can not grant every request for dlls, programs, and such. I am sorry that cron is not available on windows, but you are free to use a linux account and use a cron from there to hit the windows domain on a timed basis.

Back