Custom name servers for my customers?

Hey guys

I've got one question about setting up a hosting plan for my customers. I did the step by step tutorial (which was nice, btw) and created my windows plan.

Can I offer my customers custom name servers or must I switch their name servers at their registrar to ns1/ns2.bizmation.com?

One more quick question, does my service account (bizmation.com) have a dedicated ip address just solely for that domain name? So for example, my bizmation.com has it's own ip while all my customers domains will work off another shared ip address?

Thanks a lot guys!

Patrick

If ns1/ns2.bizmation.com are your name servers, I'd recommend you switch all your domains to them

You can create more name servers for additional domains at your registar and point them to the IPs of ns1/ns2.bizmation.com. Your customers could then also use those name servers

Your service domain and all windows domains on the system will use the shared IP for the server they are on. You can switch your service domain to a dedicated IP but you must have valid reasons to do so, you must be able to justify the usage of a dedicated IP. This is not our policy but ARIN's policy

Back